FREE music support and advice sessions
Would you like to understand how to bring music to life in your school, help teachers to feel more confident, make best use of the resources you already have, and identify sources of help and support, within and outside your school?
Book a FREE specialist advisory support session - available to a limited number of schools*, contact us soon
We know that school leaders face conflicting demands on their time and resources – and music is often not the most pressing priority.
If you feel you could be getting more out of music, then we can help.
Step 1 - pre-meeting fact finding - we'll find out what you're already doing, what resources you already have to help you, and the areas you feel you'd like us to help you with
Step 2 - school visit and action planning with very practical steps - focusing on the areas where you'd like support, we might look at:
- your music resources cupboard, giving immediate practical advice
- how to support your teachers - eg as part of the session, we could lead or co-lead a session and also look at some online resources that could make teaching music easier
- look at what other resources and support are available, from parents to governors to Hub partners
- and together we'll develop an outline action plan
Step 3 - you'll get immediate practical advice on the day, and we'll also follow up with written recommendations / an action plan for music in your school
As a result, you'll be assured that your school is:
• making the most of the people and resources in your school
• ensuring high quality teaching and learning
• meeting the requirements of the music curriculum, the national plan for music education, and Ofsted’s recommendations
• making the most of the impact that music can have on your pupil’s learning, lives and futures
Who might be involved from my school?
The initial session might involve any combination of the following: headteacher, music coordinator, head of music.
How do I sign up?
To express your interest, contact Brenda Whitwell, communications co-ordinator for the Hub - call 01452 427242.
* available free to schools who haven't yet received a support visit. Second visit or further support subsidised by 50 percent, cost to be advised depending on time required.